Manage episode 301952368 series 2484441
Lessons can be learned anytime, anywhere, and at any given situation. These lessons are packed with learning that will help us grow to become a better person. Some are easily learned, some leave lasting and painful memories.
For the past twelve months, we all have been trying to adapt to the new normal, to a completely different way of life for our own safety and everyone else around us. Last year was a true test of mental strength, emotional awareness, and physical agility to endure and persevere in any adversary.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty shares lessons he learned in the past year as he tried to stay on top of his life and remain connected to the people close to him.
Grab a copy of your own Think Like A Monk book now!
Head over to samatea.com/onpurpose to find out your Tea Personality!
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:51 Reflect on the lessons you’ve learned every year
- 04:41 Lesson #1: Focus on the input and the intention, detach yourself from the result
- 10:55 Lesson #2: You can’t always find joy and happiness but you can always find meaning and service
- 14:52 Lesson #3 Remind yourself of the gifts brought by terrible situations
- 16:00 Lesson #4: We have to learn to celebrate people while they are alive
- 19:35 Lesson #5: Look at how we are controlled by fear
- 21:39 Lesson #6: Digital friendships can go deeper
- 23:45 Lesson #7: Anything can be done in 48 hours
- 27:19 Lesson #8: There’s never a better time to learn when you’re not sure what’s going on
- 28:24 Lesson #9: When you don’t get what you want, you get more of what you need
- 29:29 Lesson #10: Solitude is as necessary as community
- 30:18 Lesson #11: Invest in energy first, expertise second
- 30:53 Lesson #12: The mind has to be used by you for what you want to believe
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!