Manage episode 274473592 series 2647146
I had the pleasure of speaking with Chris Larsen today. Chris is a real estate expert, author, podcast host, and founder plus Managing Partner of Next-Level Income. Chris has been investing in and managing real estate for over 20 years. He is deeply passionate about helping investors become financially independent through education and investment opportunities with his experience.
Let’s jump into Chris’s story and get expert advice from a real estate pro!
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 07:19] Opening Segment
- How to get in contact with Chris
- See links below
- Chris talks about his career background and journey in real estate
- He has a bachelor's degree in Biomechanical Engineering and M.B.A. in Finance at Virginia Tech
- Chris talks about his entrepreneurial side
- Pivoting from stock market to real estate
[07:20- 13:29] Being Comfortable with the Market
- Chris talks about the challenges he faced in real estate
- We learn more from the mistakes we made
- The biggest motivation for him in writing his book was so people can learn from his journey and the mistakes he made in the past
- Chris talks about the three things that investors need to look at when it comes to Multifamily
- Make sure that you’re comfortable with the Market that you invest in
- Make sure that you understand the operator’s experience and the team
- Make sure that you know the deal, especially the investment return
- The goal is to expand the value that you provide
- Chris talks about his experience in investment with his former partner
[13:30 - 19:54] Finding your True Skills
- Chris talks about his self-discovery and how to be good at your skillset
- If you are interested in getting into multifamily or scaling your current business;
- hop over to our website myersmethod.com to grab your free four-step guide on how to get the ball rolling!
- Chris talks about all the different area of investing
- Short term cost and the long term cost
[19:55 - 27:40] The Key is to Communicate
- Chris talks about the conversation to unravel a partnership
- The key indicator to understand your team
- Fundamental process change to prevent the unraveling of partnership
[27:41 - 29:39] Closing Segment
- What are your words of wisdom to our listeners?
- “ Dream big! Do not shy away from your dream and aspiration.”
- “Find, learn, and reach out to someone that has achieved what you want to achieve .”
- Final words from me
“If something doesn’t work, look at it as a learning experience and look forward. The lesson that you learn and the relationship that you build are much more valuable than the cost that took you there .” - Chris Larsen.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to learn more from mistakes and missteps by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Support the show (https://www.facebook.com/groups/157335752156211/)