Manage episode 206142633 series 2310412
Here’s what I’m talking about today:
- NEWS: An 11-year old snapped on Snapchat – they missed the point
- TECH: Qustodio review – in the community (May have to join the community see – well worth it.)
- APPS: Snapchat ain’t as snapp as it used to be
- TIPS: What’s the difference between love and snapchat?
What is a sheepdog parent?
(OK – last time I hit you over the head with this. Next time it’ll be just a link to a page.)
A sheepdog lives to protect the flock and confront the wolf. As a sheepdog parent, you must also confront the wolf. This wolf may come in the form of cyberbullying, sexting, social media, gaming, depression, suicide or addictive technology. So what is a sheepdog parent?
A sheepdog parent:
- Realizes everyday there is no safety in denial.
- Lives to protect the sheep and confront the wolf.
- Never negotiates the safety of the flock. Ever.
- Makes the conscious, moral decision to be the example.
- Dedicates themselves each day to equipping and preparing for confrontation with the wolf.
Being a sheepdog parent is a choice. So is being a sheep. Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep. It doesn’t matter what you think or believe. It matters what you do about what you think or believe.
What is your choice—sheep or sheepdog?
- Kids, Tweens, Teens and Tech: A Digital Survival Guide for Parents
- The Psychology Of Social Media And Technology: What Parents Need To Know
Your Podcast Resources:
- Links to today’s story: Worried about your child’s smartphone use getting out of hand? [CHANGE FOR EACH SHOW]
- My Resource Page
- Join the Community: The Sheepdog Parent
- Kids, Teens, Tech and Suicide: Get The Report
- The Guide to Parental Controls on iOS
- Speaking in Code: Hashtags on Instagram
Also, get my latest courses here:
Here’s how you can help Sheepdog Parent: