Manage episode 151538241 series 1030583
Do you own a business and stay up late worried about being in compliance with the labor laws? There are so many new laws that business owners don't know and the ones they do know, they don't really understand. Bad news, because they've just gotten more complicated.
Human Resources expert Lorraine Bifulco owner of VantaggioHR came on to the show to give Dino all of the updates to the laws. There's some information in this show that is truly crucial to be aware of if you have your own business.
Here are some of the questions Dino asked:
- You mentioned that even small employers need HR help. Can you explain why?
- Many of our listeners are entrepreneurs and owners or managers of small to medium sized companies. What do they need to be paying attention to this year?
- I saw an article you wrote recently that was titled, “It now pays to get sick in California!” Can you tell our listeners what that’s all about?
- I’m sure in all the years you’ve been doing this, you have some great stories. Can you share one or two of them with our listeners?
- I know compliance is important, but business owners are busy running their companies. Is it really that important that they pay attention to every little detail regarding HR compliance – especially when some of the requirements seem like silly paperwork?
- If you had to give our listeners a couple of suggestions about the big things to watch out for in 2015, what would that be?