Washington Protection Orders: Understanding the Types of Restraining Orders Available and When You Should Consider Filing
Manage episode 323731651 series 2872080
Join us as we sit down with family law attorney, Ben Brown, to discuss Washington's protection orders, and how you can utilize these court orders to help prevent contact that is harassing or abusive. In this interview, Steve and Ben discuss the following:
• How do you know if a protection order is the right call for you?
• What protective measures are available for vulnerable adults, victims of domestic violence or victims of sexual assault?
• Who can file for protection orders, when are they allowed, and how long can they last?
• What are the consequences of violating a protection order?
• When should protection orders be temporary vs. permanent?
• When are emergency orders before a hearing necessary, and what should you expect?
If you would like to speak with one of our family law attorneys, please call our office at (360) 605-1000, or visit our website at https://www.landerholmlaw.com.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this communication is intended to provide legal advice nor does it constitute a client-attorney relationship, therefore you should not interpret the contents as such.