The Psychological Impact of Divorce: How to Process the Stages of Separation & Transition From a Place of Resentment to Acceptance
Manage episode 321265965 series 2872080
Join us as we sit down with Psychotherapist, Dr. Foojan Zeine, to talk through the different emotional stages of divorce, and tips for how divorcing couples can individually process these emotions in a way that replaces resentment and anger with acceptance and forgiveness. In this interview, Foojan discusses the following:
• The psychological process of divorce can be complex and daunting, and often requires a skilled professional to successfully get you through it.
• Understanding why each of the stages of the divorce process can trigger differing emotions and behaviors.
• Working through the first shake-up in the marriage and pre-divorce process, to the post-divorce and emotional ending of the marriage.
• Why understanding the potential psychological effect of these stages is essential to navigating divorce.
• The psychological effects when two people choose to legally, socially, physically, and emotionally end the marriage connection between them and proceed to lead separate lives.
• Ways to move from resentment, anger and unbalanced focusing to forgiveness, acceptance and willingness to cooperate with your ex-spouse.
If you would like to speak with one of our family law attorneys, please call our office at (503) 227-0200, or visit our website at https://www.landerholmlaw.com.
To learn more about how Dr. Zeine can help you through your divorce, you can visit her website: https://foojanzeine.com/
Disclaimer: Nothing in this communication is intended to provide legal advice nor does it constitute a client-attorney relationship, therefore you should not interpret the contents as such.