The Complex Relationship Between Bankruptcy and Divorce Cases, & Tactical Considerations When Filing for Both
Manage episode 320745493 series 2872080
Join us as we sit down with Pacific Cascade's Bankruptcy Attorney, Darin Wisehart, to discuss the relationship between bankruptcy and divorce cases, and important tips to keep in mind when filing to help ensure a smooth process on both fronts. In this episode, Darin discusses the following:
• The different types of bankruptcies and how they interact with a divorce case
• How creditors are impacted by dividing debts in a divorce
• How joint marital debts are treated in a bankruptcy case
• Should you file for bankruptcy before, during, or after a divorce?
• What happens when a bankrupt spouse still owes money to the other spouse as a part of the property division in divorce decree?
• Can property received in a divorce be subject to repossession if an ex-spouse files a bankruptcy?
• ...and much more!
If you would like to speak with one of our family law attorneys, please call our office at (503) 227-0200, or visit our website at https://www.landerholmlaw.com.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this communication is intended to provide legal advice nor does it constitute a client-attorney relationship, therefore you should not interpret the contents as such.