Manage episode 295731019 series 2872080
Residential Mortgage Lender and Certified Divorce Lending Professional, Katie Walsh, talks through the relationship between divorce and mortgages, and important timetables and tips to be aware of.
Katie and Steve discuss the following in this episode:
• Challenges that a divorce brings to refinancing your home loan or getting a new mortgage.
• Tips for how to improve your ability to qualify for a mortgage during a divorce.
• Contemplating a divorce: what the best (and worst) times are to get your mortgage done.
• How a divorce can affect primary factors that affect you qualifying for a mortgage
• Why it’s important to protect your credit in a divorce.
• What the Debt-to-Income Ratio (DTI) is and how it is affected by your divorce decree.
• How spousal and child support fit into the mortgage equation.
• Deciding how to handle an existing mortgage in a divorce.
If you would like to speak with one of our family law attorneys, please call our office at (503) 227-0200 or visit our website at https://www.landerholmlaw.com/
For more information about Katie Walsh and how she can be a resource for you, you can contact her via http://cedaroakfinance.com/
Disclaimer: Nothing in this communication is intended to provide legal advice nor does it constitute a client-attorney relationship,