Manage episode 314816717 series 2539397
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 00:37 - How encountering Warren Buffett changed Jake’s life.
- 09:36 - Jake’s motivation for writing The Rebel Allocator.
- 28:22 - Why Berkshire Hathaway’s recent underperformance shouldn’t concern investors at all.
- 30:41 - What Jake wishes he could go back and tell his 20 year old self.
- 50:18 - How Jake is positioning his portfolio in these expensive market conditions.
- 55:57 - How Jake thinks about holding cash in his portfolio.
- And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Read the 9 Key Steps to Effective Personal Financial Management.
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance.
- Learn about our Investing Starter Packs on real estate.
- Jake Taylor’s book, The Rebel Allocator.
- Tobias Carlisle’s book, Deep Value.
- Benjamin Graham’s book, The Intelligent Investor.
- Clayton Christiansen’s book, The Innovator's Dilemma.
- Related Episode: MI042: Warren Buffett Value Investing w/ Gary Mishuris.
- Related Episode: MI072: Why Warren Buffett Might Be Wrong w/ Matthew Piepenburg.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
- Save with a credit union that helps you build financial confidence with Navy Federal Credit Union.
- Make it simple to hire and manage remote employees across all 50 states with Justworks.
- Make your home safe with Simplisafe and get 40% off today. Indoor and outdoor cameras, comprehensive sensors, you name it.
- Now, not only the wealthy can afford collectibles! Enter Otis, an investment platform that makes it possible for almost anyone to invest in shares of cultural assets. Sign up now at withotis.com/TIP to get your first share for FREE!
- Impress your audience and yourself. Enjoy presentations for free with Canva.
Read this episode’s transcript and full show notes on our website.
Connect with Clay: Twitter