Manage episode 295378582 series 2826987
A year ago, in my work to support women coaches and client-based business owners with the expansion of their wealth and leadership, I began questioning if I was doing enough both personally and professionally to be the leader I thought I was.
I always thought I was racially conscious, inclusive, and diverse, but when I started looking at my business and myself as a business owner, I realized that there was so much more work I could be doing.
As I had this awareness, I was struggling to figure out exactly where to start, what to change first, and who could lead me on this journey.
It turned out that I had the perfect woman in my life to guide me. A former client and a dear person who'd been subtly giving me guidance to become a more conscious, inclusive, and diverse leader.
Today I have the genuine pleasure of introducing you to Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery, Pastologist, Spiritual Leader, Author and Speaker.
Some years ago she attended one of my live events. We worked together for over three years to grow, monetize and scale her business.
In this special interview we talk about:
- How and why she decided to invest in her business (during a time it may have felt risky to do so).
- How she grew and monetized her business (and what clicked when she made certain changes)
- What she's taught me to do as a business owner to become more racially conscious, diverse and inclusive (and some of the exact changes I've made in the process).
- What the first steps to racial consciousness are (and how to begin)
- How to support your clients of color
And so much more.
It's a long interview and we covered quite a lot, but there's so much to our conversation and I cannot wait for you to hear it.
Links mentioned in this episode:
6-Week Coaching Program: Dismantle Racism
Join the FREE Midlife CEO Facebook Community for coaches and client-based business owners growing and scaling their business to 6 and 7-figures. Join here.