Manage episode 289380862 series 1849796
As the trial of Derek Chauvin proceeds, we look at statements from police and medical professionals who call the death of George Floyd the result of “deadly force.”
This week, while many states are setting new plans for reopening in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, many Americans are still getting vaccinated, while others await vaccine availability in their localities. Also, the Senate continues to weigh options regarding the filibuster, and Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a law allowing him to serve two more terms. Meanwhile, as the trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin ensues, experts including members of law enforcement and medical professionals have taken to the stand, calling Chauvin’s actions which led to the death of George Floyd “excessive” and “deadly.” We examine all this, and more on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Edith Wacker
- Jon Haskins
- Rick Dale
- Robert Westfall
- Jonathan Taylor
- Daniel Richard
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- FILIBUSTER: Senate official gives Democrats tool to bypass filibuster on certain bills.
- PUTIN: Putin signs law allowing him to run for two more terms as Russian President
- Navalny says he’s continuing hunger strike despite a high temperature and bad cough
- COVID: A dangerous Covid-19 variant has spread to all 50 US states. Experts worry it could send cases surging
- Biden to move deadline for states to open Covid vaccines to all U.S. adults to April 19
- CHAUVIN TRIAL: Doctor who treated George Floyd says Floyd’s heart stopped as he tried to resuscitate
- CHIEF: Chauvin broke rules in Floyd arrest, says city’s police chief
- George Floyd is what happens when police dismiss the community
- Derek Chauvin trial is another media spectacle that causes trauma rather than healing
- SHOOTING: 2 Injured After Navy Medic Opens Fire Near Fort Detrick, Suspect Dead
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.