Manage episode 282740078 series 2513282
Whitney English is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist known for her engaging and evidence-based communication style. Whitney’s “Predominantly Plant-Based” nutrition philosophy is geared toward combating chronic disease and promoting longevity and is in stark contrast to the fad diets she encountered as a Hollywood news reporter. Her dedication to unbiased reporting makes her the perfect partner for spreading credible nutrition information to the masses.
In this episode of the Mastering Diabetes Audio Experience, we’ll cover:
- What are the benefits of a plant-based pregnancy?
- Her response to critics that say a vegan or vegetarian diet isn’t safe for pregnancy
- What causes gestational diabetes?
- What is the current recommendation for the dietary management of GDM (gestational diabetes mellitus)?
- Why do some practitioners recommend a low-carb diet for the treatment of GDM?
- What diet she would recommend if she were commander in chief of nutrition for pregnant women.
- Is it hard to meet protein needs on a plant-based diet?
- What do you eat on a daily basis in your 3rd trimester?
- Iron needs are greatly increased during pregnancy and some suggest you need to eat meat to get it – what’s the truth?
- What supplements should you take during pregnancy on a plant-based diet?
- Are there any other lifestyle changes that can help?
You can find Whitney on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/whitneyerd/
You can also find her pregnancy guide here:
If you enjoyed this episode please join us and Whitney in spreading the word about the benefits of plant-based nutrition by sharing this episode on social media and tagging us - @masteringdiabetes