Paisa Vaisa is India's leading podcast on personal finance with 1m+ downloads, 130+ hours of content and conversations, 150+ guests, and 300+ episodes. Since 2017, Paisa Vaisa has interviewed experts across the spectrum of personal finance covering diverse topics such as mutual funds, stocks, housing, loans, education, crypto, and much more. Listen in now to make smarter decisions with your money!
Manage episode 304656432 series 2991632
Player FM과 저희 커뮤니티의 Marcus Today 콘텐츠는 모두 원 저작자에게 속하며 Player FM이 아닌 작가가 저작권을 갖습니다. 오디오는 해당 서버에서 직접 스트리밍 됩니다. 구독 버튼을 눌러 Player FM에서 업데이트 현황을 확인하세요. 혹은 다른 팟캐스트 앱에서 URL을 불러오세요.
- The ASX 200 moved 50 points higher to 7362 (0.7%) today as banks rallied after US results, and miners did well on higher commodity prices. The Big Bank Basket moved up slightly to $184.19%. MQG up 3.7% hitting an all time high, insurers though flat on news that ASIC would be pursuing IAG. Fund managers took a beating as Judith Neilson sold down her holding of PTM as the stock fell 6.9% and PDL down 11.5% on FUM.
- Miners were in demand, BHP up 2.8%, FMG up 2.0% though RIO fell 0.9% on production downgrades due to personnel issues. OZL also had a great day up 5.2% with gold miners mixed, NCM down 0.2% but CHN up 2.2%.
- In the industrials, travel stocks advanced as NSW abandoned quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers, QAN up 2.0% on some excess land sales too. WEB rose 4.0% and FLT up 3.8%. Healthcare better with CSL up 0.2% and RHC riding the reopening wave up 0.8%. Tech stocks better as bond yields steady at 1.63%, APT up 1.7% and XRO doing well up 0.9%. The All-Tech Index up 1.1%.
- In corporate news, TWE poured some sour grapes on the bulls at its AGM falling 5.4% and the Boom in a Room Conference produced some winners not least of which STM rose 22.9% on its show and tell.
- Nothing on the economic front. Goldman Sachs results tonight. European markets opening firm.
Why not sign up for a free trial? Go to our website www.marcustoday.com.au for more details.