Manage episode 291467385 series 2483891
Rowena Howie’s Revival Retro store in central London is a destination shop for fans of her flattering dresses and stylish accessories.
In this episode we chat about how Rowena has pivoted her business to online whilst the shop has been closed; how the government could help independent retailers; and how she puts the customer at the heart of everything she does.
She’s also got some great advice for any small business that is thinking of working with influencers.
- About Rowena's background and why she set up Revival Retro 02:09
- How Revival Retro started as a pop-up shop 06:38
- Why she also decided to launch her own UK-made brand to stock in the shop 09:27
- How Revival Retro has developed the business around customer demand 10:41
- How she has overcome the challenges of Covid on her retail business 13:36
- What can Government do to help support small independent retailers? 15:15
- Adapting a brick and mortar store to online 21:07
- How she has used social media to engage with her customers 23:49
- How she has translated the personal touch that Revival Retro has in store to the online offer 27:30
- Working with influencers to grow the business 31:24
- Advice for other brands wanting to offer an in-person sales experience 33:53
More Make it British
Join Make it British - become a member of our community
Work with me - find out how we can work together to build your British-made brand
Make it British Brands Directory - search for brands and manufacturers that make in the UK
Manufacturers Directory - search for manufacturers that are verified members of Make it British