Manage episode 302644194 series 2951995
Digitally connected humans like you and me are surrounded by a plethora of AI solutions that make our lives easier and more efficient. Just think about the algorithms driving Netflix and Youtube’s video recommendations or the facial recognition feature on your phone that saves you a few seconds every time you unlock it.
But for every useful AI solution, there are probably hundreds of solutions that don’t meet the functional, economic or ethical standards of their end users.
So, what’s the trick to building useful and impactful AI solutions that are also financially viable for those who create them?
Someone who can answer this question is Corey Quinn, who is the Chief Cloud Economist at The Duckbill Group and the founder of two podcasts called “Screaming in the Cloud” and “AWS Morning Brief”.
Corey combines an excellent sense of humour with a deep understanding of the cloud and everything that surrounds it, so he is definitely the right person to go to for an unfiltered view of the hype that surrounds a lot of AI solutions.
In this episode of Leaders of Analytics, we talk about:
- Whether AI is all it’s made up to be or just a complex solution to our problems
- Who’s benefiting from the AI hype
- The role of cloud computing in AI and machine learning delivery
- How to use cloud computing effectively when deploying AI solutions
- How to create an impactful career by solving real business problems
- Corey’s top 3 recommendations for AI success in the cloud