Manage episode 289191557 series 2595110
What is emotional safety? Look at it this way: an emotionally unsafe relationship is a place where you can’t be yourself. You’re walking on eggshells. You can’t share your emotions because when you do, they’re going to set off an explosive or guilt-inducing response from the friend, parent, spouse, or boss you’re talking to. In this episode, Dr. Joshua Straub shares what makes you an emotionally safe person. Are you willing to press into and sit with the emotions of another person, even when it’s uncomfortable? It takes work, but the payoff is authentic intimacy. Grab your Java and join us!
Guest: Josh Straub
- with Josh & Christi Straub (Check out the podcast!)
- What Do I Do With Worry?* and What Am I Feeling?* (children’s books by Josh & Christi Straub)
- Date Nights In (a four-week video series to help you talk, fight, and pray with your spouse about sex)
- Stop Hooking Up in Your Marriage (blog)
- EQUIP digital summit for Christian leaders
*This is an affiliate link. AI may earn referral fees from qualifying purchases.