Manage episode 295268176 series 2770069
Episode 126 hosts our first ever panel discussion on the podcast. We were joined by Dr Steven Liew (Plastic Surgeon and internationally-recognised injectable KOL), Dr Davin Lim (Cosmetic Dermatologist), Dr Michael Molton (Cosmetic Physician & President of the Cosmetic Physicians College of Australasia) and Jacinta King (Registered Nurse & President of the Cosmetic Nurses Association)
This open and very frank discussion was planned to provide an open forum to discuss the main and contentious issues that we experience in the Australian injectables space including:
- Which professionals are permitted to inject and whether there is a need for tighter regulations?
- Injectables in non-medical clinics, is appropriate?
- Teleconsulting and remote prescribing for nurse injectors
- The death of Jean Huang in 2017 in Sydney, what came of this and what, if anything, came of this?
- The underlying 'turf war' between injectors of different professions
- What we can do as a collective to improve the state of our industry?
Support IA with a Patreon donation: www.patreon.com/insideaesthetics
Follow IA on Instagram: www.instagram.com/insideaestheticspodcast
Visit the IA website: www.insideaesthetics.com
Subscribe to IA on Apple podcasts: https://lnkd.in/gs-AzA
Subscribe to IA on Spotify: https://lnkd.in/gpP88hW