Manage episode 338001278 series 2964693
In celebration of our one-year anniversary, we are revisiting a couple of our early episodes that people loved!
In today's episode, Randall Kaplan is joined by American billionaire businessman and philanthropist Sam Zell to discuss daring to be different, finding and capitalizing on opportunities, what it means to go for greatness, and much more.
- How Sam’s parents escaped from Poland prior to Nazi invasion.
- What freedom and an opportunity to thrive in the US meant to the Zell family.
- Sam’s early success in real estate during his college years.
- The power of clarity to transform your business.
- Getting turned down by 43 consecutive law firms.
- Evaluating and taking on risk as a business owner and investor.
- The importance of culture, access, and a lack of hierarchy within an organization.
- Thoughts on current investment trends such as digital currencies.
- And other topics.
Samuel Zell is the chairman of Equity Group Investments and five publicly-traded companies on the NYSE. He is considered one of the grandfathers of the modern real estate investment industry and was recognized by Forbes as one of the greatest living business minds. A self-made billionaire with a net worth of over $5 billion, Sam is an active philanthropist with a focus on entrepreneurial education.
Am I Being Too Subtle by Sam Zell - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1ATZU4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
“The Grave Dancer” by Sam Zell - https://www.samzell.com/wp-content/uploads/1982_The_Grave_Dancer.pdf
Want to Connect? Reach out to us online!
Website – https://insearchofexcellencepodcast.com
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/randallkaplan/
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/randall-kaplan-05858340/