Manage episode 294923212 series 2557916
Dr. Ethan Becker offers a practical guide to communicating more effectively in the workplace.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) The two ways we process information
2) The four-step structure of compelling communication
3) The simplest way to sound more engaging
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep676 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT ETHAN —
Ethan F. Becker, PhD is president and senior coach/trainer for the Speech Improvement Company, the oldest communication coaching and training firm in America. He has worked with Apple, IBM, Bain Capital, Sony Music, and the New York Giants, the F.B.I., Harvard University, YouTube, and other clients across the globe.
• Ethan’s LinkedIn: Dr. Ethan Becker
• Ethan’s website: SpeechImprovement.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In by Roger Fisher, William Ury, Bruce Patton
• Book: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't by Jim Collins
• Book: The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense by Suzette Haden
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Blinkist. Read or listen to summarized wisdom from thousands of nonfiction books! Free trial available at blinkist.com/awesome.
• Storyworth. Give Dad a super meaningful Father’s Day gift this year at StoryWorth.com/awesome.