Manage episode 294322117 series 2557916
Steve Dalton breaks down the most efficient path to landing your dream career.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) How to answer the dreaded “Tell me about yourself” question
2) Just how much time and effort you should put into your resume
3) The simple trick to negotiating a better job offer
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep674 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT STEVE —
Steve Dalton is a senior career consultant and program director for Duke University’s full-time MBA program. He holds his own MBA from the same institution and a chemical engineering degree from Case Western Reserve.
Steve is also the founder of Contact2Colleague, a corporate training firm that helps organizations increase retention, drive sales, and develop internal expertise by teaching their employees to proactively and systematically build better professional relationships.
• Steve’s website: TheJobCloser.com
• Steve’s LinkedIn Group: The 2-Hour Job Search – Q&A Forum
• Steve’s Twitter: @Dalton_Steve
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Study: How quickly do interviewers reach decisions? An examination of interviewers' decision-making time across applicants by Rachel Frieder, Chad Van Iddekinge, and Patrick Raymark
• Study: Do Informal Referrals Lead to Better Matches? Evidence from a Firm's Employee Referral System by Meta Brown, Elizabeth Setren, and Giorgio Topa
• Book: "Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In" by Roger Fisher
• Book: "Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind" by Judson Brewer
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Care.com. Find the perfect caregiver for your child, parents, and home.
• LinkedIn Jobs. Post your first job for free at linkedin.com/beawesome