Manage episode 302792567 series 1940891
On the Home Business Podcast, we love start-up stories and advice. Much of the content on business start-ups focuses on getting up and started in a business in the shortest time possible. Often 6 months or less. But today’s podcast guest takes a longer more strategic view on moving towards being your own boss.
Melinda Emerson is the author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months (www.becomeyourownbossbook.com) and has been described as “America’s #1 small business expert.” Richard “Capt’n” Henderson interviews Melinda Emerson, who discusses how a 12 month focus on becoming an entrepreneur can smooth out the road with all the complexities of a start-up.
Subjects discussed in the Podcast include:
- The inspiration for writing her book, Become your Own Boss in 12 Months
- Why Melinda revised and expanded her book
- 12-month start-up focus: Key stepping-stones in transitioning to being your own boss
- Advice in creating a successful boss-making plan
- Why it was important to add book chapters on content, social media and selling online
- Understanding the term “Digital Pivot” when you launch your business
Episode Sponsor: Safety Technology * https://safetytechnology.org