Manage episode 328744876 series 2858981
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode on how to cope during stressful times (with Keisha Blair). We’re in the midst of a high-inflation period, with rising gas prices, rising food prices and rising interest rates. We are also in the midst of a war with Russia invading Ukraine, and we are also in the midst of a Great Resignation Wave, and many experts are also now predicting that we will experience a recession in 2022, as early as this Summer. The pandemic has caused us all to look more deeply at our lives to examine the direction we want our post-pandemic lives to take. In this episode, I will walk you through effective strategies to cope during stressful times. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
How To Cope During Stressful Times
These are a quick list of some strategies to help you cope during stressful times (Listen to the full episode of the podcast):
- Practice deep abdominal breathing - keeps your brain sharp and focused in the present moment when job stress steals your breath away.
- Set Your intentions for the day – an intention represents a commitment to carrying out an action in the future – which helps with reducing stress.
- Focus on Mindfulness - Regular and sustained mindfulness practice has been shown to improve attentional control, increase awareness of internal and external experiences and reduce stress.
- Have a nighttime routine – your brain thrives on regularity so having a nighttime routine is crucial.
- Embrace the Holistic Wealth Method – Think of all your decisions as either a depletion or addition to your holistic wealth bank account – and focus on activities that enrich you.
- Regular exercise and healthy eating – exercise such as brisk walking re-calibrates a fatigued brain and reduces your risk of developing anxiety by almost 60%.
- Get Connected with Loved Ones – Getting connected with friends and loved ones reduces loneliness and stress.
- Positive Self-Talk - can stop catastrophic mind chatter that causes work stress and keep you calm in stressful situations.
- Find Your Purpose (Your Why) – Remember your “why” and embrace your mission and purpose (refocus and re-energize).