Manage episode 288131165 series 2304005
What does it mean to live authentically? Transformational coach Dr. Laura Foster talks about the most important relationship in your life -- the one that you have with yourself -- and what you can do to cultivate self-mastery that will lead to powerful change.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode146.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Becoming a transformational coach
- The brain connection vs the soul connection
- What it means to live authentically
- Self-mastery and how to cultivate it
- Self-compassion and why it’s essential to self-mastery
- The soul connection is linked to your intuition. It’s that deep inner knowing within you.
- When you are living true to your values, it feels effortless. When you have to show up in your life in a way that isn’t true to who you are, it takes energy.
- We tell ourselves stories all the time. We need to be aware that all these stories come from past beliefs and other people.
- Obligations are interesting because a lot of them are perceived. They’re not necessarily real. It’s that we’ve created a rule for ourselves that we have to show up a certain way in our life.
- What keeps you up at night is the resistance to the choices that you want to be making. It’s not the decisions you’re making but the ones that you’re not making.
- Living authentically is honoring and embracing who you are and living your values. It’s being able to change your mind as you understand yourself better. It’s knowing what your truth is and owning it. It’s knowing who you’re living your life for.
- Self-mastery is not a destination. It’s being able to recognize, understand, and accept your whole self and mastering this connection with who you are at the core of your being.
- Self-compassion is essential to self-mastery.
- Ask yourself great questions (i.e. Who are you living for? If you can do anything, what would you do?)
- Double down on self-care and self-love, and trust that you are getting to the place where you want to go.
- Understand what you stand for so that you can stand for something.
- Create healthy boundaries in your relationships.
- Commit to your truth and learn to speak it to the world.
- Define what authentic living means to you.
- Do something outside of your thinking head, i.e. journaling, meditating, hiking, etc., to get your intuition flowing.
- Let go of the things that are no longer serving you.
“You wear a mask when you show up in your life outside of who you truly are. And how far out of alignment that is, is the degree to which you are burning yourself out.”
“When you ask questions, you open the portal to your own answers. It’s that reconnecting and understanding that you do have so much more information and connection to your truth inside of you.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Each month, we do a different theme, and for March, it’s all things thyroid health.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Get on the waitlist for Laura's 10-week program called ROOTS
- Giveaway: Badass Boundary Setting for Wholehearted Women Mini Course & Companion Guide ($77 - for free using code: SAMANTHA) -
- SAVE UP TO 50% OFF ON THE HARMONI PENDANT BY CLICKING THIS LINK HERE --> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women's Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca - I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products - https://www.gardenoflife.com.
Where you can find Dr. Laura Foster:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: