142: Healing Your Body with Chinese Medicine Practices, How Scars Impact Your Health & the Impact of Nutrient Deficiencies
Manage episode 285709745 series 2304005
Did you know that the scars on your body can impact your health? Find out more as holistic practitioner Scott Sommers shares about this and the healing practices in Chinese medicine.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode142.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Asian medicine differs from Western medicine
- How Asian and Western medicines complement each other
- How scars affect the body and the type of treatment necessary to correct them
- The body’s electrical system
- Treating scars with light laser oil
- Signs of nutritional deficiencies
- The best form of testing with parasites and the best action to resolve them
- Eastern medicine focuses on the electrical system and the whole body. Western medicine, on the other hand, focuses on symptomatic relief.
- Eastern medicine deals with the core problems using the tools of food as medicine, herbal medicine, and lifestyle changes.
- When you get a scar, there’s a disconnect on your skin. And if there’s a trauma to the body, then there’s internal scarring. If we don’t restore the electrical flow through laser treatment and through oil applied to the scar itself, the brain will remain disconnected from that part of the body.
- Anything that shows up in your skin, your hair, your nails, and your tongue can be a sign of nutritional deficiencies.
- Basically, 99% of our problems are nutritional-based.
- 80% of the population has parasites. The key symptoms are any kind of skin problems and digestive problems such as bloating, gas, and IBS.
- Acupuncture is a way to activate your electrical system.
- Check your scars and put some wheat germ oil on them. You can also have them checked by a kinesiologist.
- Eat enough good fats. They are the basis of good hormones.
- Exercise daily.
- Consider getting an acupuncture treatment.
- Get on a good nutritional program.
- Implement these everyday strategies to avoid getting a parasitic infection:
- Have your pets tested and make sure you give them filtered water.
- Rinse and soak your vegetables in vinegar for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Consume lots of garlic.
“I’ve been striving ever since, looking for answers. And I always say it’s about ancient medicine -- studying the ancient techniques -- and modern technology to get the best answers.”
“Most people are like walking blocks of Swiss cheese. They have all these holes for their missing deficiencies. If you don’t fill in the holes, you’ll just never be whole.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow, and you’re going to love it.
Join our Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month! Each month, we do a different theme, and for March, it’s all things thyroid health.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women's Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca - I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products - https://www.gardenoflife.com
Where you can find Scott Sommers:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: