Manage episode 284716541 series 2304005
Do you have a health puzzle that you’re trying to solve? Find out why running some functional lab testings is critical to getting to the root of your health issues.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode140
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Functional lab tests and why they’re important
- Thyroid function tests and what you should be looking for
- The gut, liver, and thyroid connection
- Some healing strategies for optimizing your gut health
- Using castor oil packs
- Dealing with mold toxicity and detoxing the body
- Healthy hormone hacks
- Functional lab tests help us to take a deeper dive look at the physiological aspects of the body. They help us connect the dots and see all the pieces of the puzzle to understand the bigger picture of what’s going on with a person’s health.
- There’s a huge portion of your thyroid hormone that’s converted in the liver and the intestinal tissue. These tissues need to be healthy in order to convert that thyroid hormone optimally. At the same time, certain nutrients are required for this to happen.
- If you have a leaky gut, poor digestion, or an inflamed intestinal tract, you’re not going to be absorbing nutrients as well as you could to support thyroid function and hormone conversion.
- One of the things that can trigger an autoimmune process or hypothyroid type of issues is elevated estrogen levels. We want to make sure the liver can move those toxins out of the body.
- Our body has an internal clock based on the sun and the moon cycles. That’s what we refer to as our circadian rhythm which is related to our cortisol rhythm.
- Implement these strategies to optimize your gut:
- Get food sensitivity tests.
- Get a stool sample test.
- Take foods and supplements that help restore the integrity of the intestinal lining.
- If you’re dealing with mold infestation, make sure the mold is removed properly and stop the exposure.
- Incorporate these healthy hormone hacks into your day:
- Have a cup of green tea.
- Fill up with fat.
- Make sure you get enough good quality sleep.
“Fat has gotten such a bad rep for so long, and we’re finally starting to turn the corner on that. That fat is actually healthy for us, and we actually need fats in order to make hormones.”
“Nature is so critical to our overall well-being… Even being out in the cold is beneficial for us.”
Thanks for listening!
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow and you’re going to love it.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter! And don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women's Hormone Balancing Blend. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca - I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They’re great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Head to your local health food store and check out some amazing products from Garden of Life. Garden of Life Plant Iron and Herbs and their vegan vitamin D3 spray are two fantastic products - https://www.gardenoflife.com
Where you can find Jenn Malecha:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: