135: Q&A: Adrenal Fatigue, Inflammation and Tips to Work Through Fear and Doubt while Growing Your Business
Manage episode 280659880 series 2304005
Welcome to our last Q&A episode for 2020! Here I talk about what to do for adrenal fatigue and inflammation as well as share some tips to overcome doubts and fears while growing your business.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode135. Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Some important tests to ask for when going to your doctor
- Adrenal fatigue and its symptoms
- What you can do to heal your adrenals
- Managing inflammation and getting your health back on track
- Dealing with doubts and fears when it comes to your business
- The more we can clear out from our body, the more we can show up in a true, authentic, powerful way; the more we can connect to our intuition and our gut, and start acknowledging the things that feel right and don’t feel right. From there, we can start to make clear decisions and ask the right questions.
- Some key tests to ask for when you see your doctor:
- A ferritin test
- A vitamin D test
- The hs-CRP test
- A full metabolic panel
- A full thyroid panel
- The DUTCH test
- Roughly 70% to 80% of doctor visits are stress-related conditions.
- The number one essential to healing your adrenals is sleep. And it’s the number one thing for overall hormonal health.
- The big three triggers for inflammation are gluten, dairy, and sugar.
- When doing an elimination diet, don’t just get hung up on the stuff that you can’t have. Think about all the things that you can have and bring them into the diet.
- Work on yourself, and work through the fears and anxieties and how you’re showing up in the world. Work on how you’re communicating and connecting with people.
- Work on healing your adrenals if you’re experiencing adrenal fatigue:
- Practice relaxation and meditation techniques.
- Use an infrared sauna.
- Get enough sleep.
- Ditch the sugar and the caffeine.
- What to do to manage inflammation:
- Eliminate gluten, dairy, and sugar from your diet.
- Supplement with omega-3s.
- Hyperhydrate. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
- Accept the fears and doubts that you have around your business. If you don’t, building your business is going to be unenjoyable.
“It is so vital, now more than ever, for us to be healthy. And I don’t just mean from a health and hormones and nutrition perspective -- that is so key. But from a mental health standpoint, from a personal growth standpoint, it is so important for us to work on ourselves.”
“The more successful version of you, the real you, requires that you let go of who you are now.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off site-wide on Skin Essence with the coupon code HEALTHY HORMONES - code is available until December 31st. Just head over to SkinEssence.ca OR skinessenceorganics.com if you’re in the US.
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES.
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. Check out Organifi Immune to help support your body during the cold and flu season. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES for your 15% savings.
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com. The Clay Mask is the BEST!!
- Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES - leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca - I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
- Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca - They carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular - nutpods, siete, lily's chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills and primal palate spices. You're gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada*. Use the code HEALTHYHORMONES and save 15%.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: