Manage episode 279108351 series 2304005
Are you struggling with sugar addiction and can’t seem to get rid of sugar cravings? Sugar Freedom coach Danielle Daem talks about how you can reshape your relationship with sugar and reclaim control over your health and energy once and for all.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode132
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The root causes of sugar cravings and addictive behaviors
- Emotional eating and the connection between our emotions and sugar
- Sugar Freedom and Danielle’s approach to sugar addiction
- What it means to have sugar freedom
- The best place to start when trying to go sugar-free
- Tips for choosing wine and some healthy holiday tips
- In our culture, we haven’t been taught how to sit with our uncomfortable emotions. And right from childhood, sugar is connected to every single emotion.
- It’s not until we can begin to honor the heavy emotions like grief, sadness, depression, anxiety, stress, etc. and know that we’re okay to feel them that we can start to break that pattern of escaping.
- Emotions are just energy in motion. There are tools that we can use to process them.
- Neurodynamic Breathwork is a deep inner practice of subconscious meditation and breathwork.
- One of the pillars of understanding when you’re successful in this journey of dealing with negative emotions is how quickly you can bounce back and how graceful and loving you are with yourself as you let those emotions flow.
- Build a healthy relationship with yourself.
- Work through your emotions. Learn to sit with them, and learn to process them.
- Check with yourself before you eat anything. Ask: How am I feeling at this moment? And don’t judge or push against it, but honor the feeling. This brings a deep awareness of yourself.
- Keep a journal.
- Commit to sitting with your emotions.
- Reconnect with yourself and with your body.
- Try doing Neurodynamic Breathwork.
- Get started with going sugar-free
- Learn to read labels for sugar content.
- Cook your meals at home instead of dining out or ordering from a fast food restaurant.
“When we can really, truly do the inner work, tune in, heal, shift our belief patterns that are holding us back, and really rewire all those subconscious patterns, I believe that we can have an empowered, healthy relationship with sugar.”
“We can empower ourselves to make choices that feel right when we have our foundational pieces solid. And for each person, that’s a different journey; it takes a different amount of time; it’s different inner work. But it’s so incredibly rewarding, and it’s so freeing.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Save 20% off Energzbits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code - HEALTHYHORMONES
Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women's Hormone Balancing Blend. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com The Clay Mask is the BEST and I am loving their gold serum.
Save 15% storewide on LeesTea and LeesGhee (the pink chai is my absolute fav! and their maple ghee is amazing in coffee and perfect over roasted vegetables). Use code HEALTHYHORMONES - leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones
Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca - I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs. Also, check out their product ADRENAL CHILL for supporting the adrenal glands and helping your body better adapt to stress.
Save 15% off your very first order on Naturamarket.ca - they carry the best health food products and they are my go-to source for all things delicious! A few brands that I order on the regular - nutpods, siete, lily's chocolate, bobs red mill, simple mills, and primal palate spices. You're gonna LOVE shopping here. They only ship to Canada* Use the code - HEALTHYHORMONES and save 15%. **THIS 15% discount is only available until December 31st**
Where you can find Danielle Daem:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: