Hosts Rumaan Alam, Isaac Butler, and June Thomas interview creative people about how they write, compose, paint, and more.
Manage episode 276909294 series 1372189
Player FM과 저희 커뮤니티의 Sara Tasker - instagram expert & creative business and Sara Tasker 콘텐츠는 모두 원 저작자에게 속하며 Player FM이 아닌 작가가 저작권을 갖습니다. 오디오는 해당 서버에서 직접 스트리밍 됩니다. 구독 버튼을 눌러 Player FM에서 업데이트 현황을 확인하세요. 혹은 다른 팟캐스트 앱에서 URL을 불러오세요.
Things We Talk About In This Episode:
- The world changed between the time Skye wrote this book and when it was published. We talk about how she faced the challenge of publishing a book about feeding the people you love, when you’re not allowed to be with them. (Spoiler alert: being apart from the people we love makes us value those times we do have together, even more)
- The creative ways we have responded to lockdown, finding unique (safe) ways to gather, and cooking with limited ingredients
- How lockdown is impacting our children, but not necessarily in the same way that it is affecting us
- The positive ways in which lockdown encourages us to pause for meals and enjoy eating together
- Ready-chopped onions!
- The difference between simply cooking to one recipe, versus pulling an entire meal together
- How truly universal food can be (“everyone eats - if we don’t, we die!”) and the myriad cultural, historical and aspirational elements we bring to our cooking that make it so very personal
- How to set up two kitchens in two different countries
- Our guilty food confessions
- And the market for someone to invent a ready-made choux pastry!
Links mentioned in this episode: