Hosts Rumaan Alam, Isaac Butler, and June Thomas interview creative people about how they write, compose, paint, and more.
Manage episode 274877907 series 1372189
Player FM과 저희 커뮤니티의 Sara Tasker - instagram expert & creative business and Sara Tasker 콘텐츠는 모두 원 저작자에게 속하며 Player FM이 아닌 작가가 저작권을 갖습니다. 오디오는 해당 서버에서 직접 스트리밍 됩니다. 구독 버튼을 눌러 Player FM에서 업데이트 현황을 확인하세요. 혹은 다른 팟캐스트 앱에서 URL을 불러오세요.
Things We Talk About In This Episode:
- The business idea that grew out of Maressa’s own creative slump
- How important it is to value creativity (Maressa says it’s the uniqueness that makes us human) even if the people around us - and society in general - don’t recognise the value
- The challenge of finding the balance on Instagram (and elsewhere) between “what I want to share” and “what people want”
- Developing an Instagram account that creates space for you to be a whole person, and that can evolve alongside your interests
- How talking to camera on video became a way for Maressa to make her content more accessible to people with visual and hearing disabilities
- The way in which Maressa uses her platform to talk about anti-racism, in a way that started out from a need to share and evolved into a process of very personal and vulnerable education
- Talking to our children about racism (“we need to see colour in order to see privilege”)
- Maressa’s Patreon space: why she started it, how she structures it, and how creating a paid space enabled Maressa to start valuing herself, and helped members of her community likewise value themselves
- The difference between consciously selling, versus sharing with genuine excitement about what we are doing
- Parenting and creativity, and how Maressa models the creative life to her children
Links mentioned in this episode: