Manage episode 298361317 series 1163946
Challenge Social Media Best Practices
- With social media, change is constant. Focus instead on what doesn't change. Put your customer at the center of your story and tell the right brand stories that they really want to hear.
- Tie your content and social media publishing schedule to your business goals. Then measure results and optimize.
- Create a content and social media strategy that's algorithm-proof. When you equip yourself with the proper knowledge to think for yourself, you can ignore the noise and get back time, clarity, and calm.
- 3 phases to build your content strategy:
- Who are you talking to?
- What are you saying and how is that going to look, feel, and sound?
- How do you want your brand to look? How do you connect?
- What do your customers really want from you?
- Do you want to do reels?
- How often do you want to post?
- What budget do you have to get your posts out there further?
- Push it to market.
- Let your community give you feedback in the form of engagement and results.
- Always be optimizing.
Align the 3 pillars of your content with your 3 most critical business goals:
- Brand Awareness (50%)- aka demand generation. To sell, you need to increase demand.
- Sales (30%) - include a call to action on these posts.
- Loyalty (20%) - know, like, & trust stuff posts.
How to gauge the success of your pillar content:
- Rethink the Know, Like, Trust model. The traditional KLT model is all about you. Find common ground to connect with your audience before you start introducing your products. <-- Pro tip! Tune in for this full discussion.
- Know and understand your customers. It's mutual ground and common interest, where you're not asking them to buy anything. This type of content is the most social. <-- Pro tip!
- Build interest in your content before focusing on interest in your products. The mutual ground provides value and establishes contact with your ideal customer.
- Share content that your prospects in your community find interesting, new, different, entertaining, and educational. That's what will make them hit the little arrow and share it with their friends. It creates demand and awareness of who you are and what you’re selling.
- You can publish one blog a month with a few different tips in it and repurpose that blog. Promote that same blog once a week for a whole month from different angles. <-- Pro tip!
- The more simple you keep a social post, the better it's going to perform.
- Tap into trending hashtags but make sure they aren't shadow-banned. If it's too time-consuming, consider promoting some posts instead.
- Make sure you talk about the benefits of your products, not the features.
- Anytime you talk about your product, include a call to action.
- Find others with the same type of audience as you. Partner with them to bring value to their audience and introduce you to them.
- Align your content to the customer journey to get in front of the right people at the right time.
- Strong Social Brand Express freebie <-- use coupon code SBSFREE to get it free
- Find any podcast with GiftBizUnwrapped.com/Search
Katie's Contact LinksWebsite | Facebook | Instagram | Linkedin
Join Our FREE Gift Biz Breeze Facebook CommunityBecome a Member of Gift Biz Breeze If you found value in this podcast, make sure to subscribe so you automatically get the next episode downloaded for your convenience. Click on your preferred platform below to get started. Also, if you'd like to do me a huge favor - please leave a review. It helps other creators like you find the show and build their businesses too. You can do so right here: Rate This Podcast Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify Thank you so much! Sue
Know someone who needs to hear this episode? Click a button below to share it!