Manage episode 265153450 series 2355391
What tricks would gain you a winning edge over your competitors?
If athlete A and athlete B both have the right training program, what's going to make the difference?
What could give you a competitive advantage?
In this episode Gerard reveals some of his top secrets in training and in racing to get the best edge over your competition.
These secrets include:
- What are you not doing that other athletes probably are
- A simple bike trick that you should be paying attention to
- The pedalling technique to get bigger fitness gains out of your session
- The biggest sound you should NOT hear in training
- Why the "go-to" cadence is making you race worse
- The power trick to conserving massive amounts of energy in a race
- The one piece of equipment you should buy for your bike training
- The best kept running secret
- One thing you MUST do before your race that will make the difference
How many of these are you doing?
Where could you be gaining an advantage over your competitors?
If you like the episode please leave us a 5 star review on itunes!
We've heard some extremely valuable and rare lessons from the expert guests and pro athletes on our podcast, so we collected the very best tips and advice from all of them and put them all on 1 cheatsheet:
If you want this cheatsheet of the very best lessons all in 1 spot, get the FREE podcast bonus download here: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.