Manage episode 285077678 series 2355391
“Throw everything I’ve taught you out the window”, this was the advice Gerard gave his athletes at last week's Time Trial. Why? We discuss his reasoning in this week's episode.
Because after a very successful Time Trialing campaign at the Road Masters nationals, we want to dissect the art of Time Trialing, and why we believe it is our specialty here at TriVelo.
Our athletes consistently get good improvement and result in a TT, whether it’s just on the bike or in a triathlon, and there are a few key secrets as to why.
Key Notes of the Episode:
- Why Gerard had to eat some humble pie
- The positives and negatives of telling people about your goal
- Handling external pressure
- The importance of getting to the line in a confident state
- Achieving the optimal arousal level
- Having a plan B and C in your race
- Why the warm-up can make or break your race
- Lessons learned from the elite riders at the Nationals
- Why Gerard told his athletes to “throw everything I’ve taught you out the window”
- The ultimate checklist to tick off before your race
- The key things you need to be doing months out from your race
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.