Manage episode 288662997 series 2355391
We all have those days where the thought of training seems daunting. You’re tired, flat, unmotivated and getting a training session done seems a distant dream.
In today’s episode we’re going to talk about how to train when you just don’t feel like it, some tactics to help and a little known motivational secret that most people are missing.
But before that, as always we’re going to go through what caught your attention, and there’s a few things this week we need to talk about.
Key points of the episode:
- Spring racing is back!
- The best and worst tactics of the Strade Bianche
- How to not fall trap to the sheep mentality
- Why you can’t have two “A Races”
- The best tactics when struggling with motivation
- The little known motivational secret that most people are missing
- Gerard’s weird motivational strategies
- Why tricking yourself actually works
- The psychology behind counting your “streak”
- And finally, the NUMBER ONE motivational strategy that works EVERY time for us
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.