Manage episode 269967788 series 2355391
How do you properly peak for your race?
How do you make sure you're in the best form possible for your biggest race?
How do you hold form?
How long can you actually hold form for?
FORM can be complicated, but it can also be simple.
In this episode, we explore form, including:
- The mistakes most athletes are making when trying to peak
- Why it's not just about the final "taper" phase
- The hidden tactic behind taking training "breaks"
- How the pros sustain form over longer periods
- What the golden "Simmer" is and how to peak at any time
- How you can use numbers to predict your form
- Most importantly, what are fair expectations to have on yourself as an athlete about your form and ability?
This was a jam packed topic so listen now to hear everything you need about FORM.
We also touched on the recent return of pro cycling and running, and how happy we are to have it back.
We've heard some extremely valuable and rare lessons from the expert guests and pro athletes on our podcast, so we collected the very best tips and advice from all of them and put them all on 1 cheatsheet:
If you want this cheatsheet of the very best lessons all in 1 spot, get the FREE podcast bonus download here: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.