Manage episode 263987607 series 2355391
In today's episode we're talking about a topic that we've all experienced to some degree, nerves on race day!
No matter what level you are, race day nerves have a different meaning for you.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Gerard handles race nerves no matter how BIG the race is
- How athletes completely derail their race due to anxiety
- Why the solution to race nerves is NOT about the race at all
- The 2 key secrets to overcoming Performance Anxiety
- The specific tactic you need to be doing in training to prepare you for race day nerves
If you like the episode please leave us a 5 star review on itunes!
We've heard some extremely valuable and rare lessons from the expert guests and pro athletes on our podcast, so we collected the very best tips and advice from all of them and put them all on 1 cheatsheet:
If you want this cheatsheet of the very best lessons all in 1 spot, get the FREE podcast bonus download here: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.