GEORGE LYNCH - Mature WHITETAILS are ALIENS
Manage episode 325422822 series 3324239
George Lynch shares tips and tactics to be successful hunting Alien Big Bucks in your area.
FIRST, it is always good to remember:
* Make realistic hunting goals based on your geographic location and then adapt
* Be willing to pass up immature deer to wait for big bucks
* Remember, big bucks think, act and behave differently
TIPS, STRATEGY AND FACTS:
George breaks the deer hunting season into 4 categories: early season, pre-rut, regular rut and late season.
When scouting, do it long range and limit your human scent.
George Lynch’s rules about entering the deers’ habitat.
- Be sure you aren’t following their runs
- Be sure you aren’t making the animals feel that they are being hunting, tracked, etc..
As a hunter, you have to build your confidence so that every time you go in, you are doing so feeling that this hunt will result in success.
First 3 days of early season provides the highest success rate to harvest a deer. Each subsequent hunt gives deer more awareness of human presence and the deer tend to hang low.
George typically will not hunt the same family group more than 2 days in a row. It gives the deer a reprieve on feeling as if they are continually being hunted - lightens the pressure.
Whitetails are some of the most adaptive animal in the world. Big bucks have learned to adapt with continued population and building expansions into their habitats. The older the buck, the smarter and wiser he is.
For early season hunting, hunt near the food source in the evening, not in the morning. If you go in early, you’ll be bumping a lot of deer.
Rubs and scrapes start showing up in pre-rut season. Hunt the does and mock scrapes.
Mature whitetails will go to the primary scrapes.
Roger Rothhaar helped me with scrape classifications:
- boundary (tip: great place for a trail camera)
- secondary (overhanging branches to share scents)
- primary (mature does and mature bucks go to the primary scrapes)
Bucks can use a Does’ scent and urine to determine the doe’s age, health and breeding status.
Elevated Blind - Sniper Blinds - Email me if you want more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blind set up tip: Keep your blind within the foliage so it does not pop out on the skyline.
REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT, LEGENDARY GEAR'S CUSTOM-MADE GAME CALLS (DUCK, GOOSE, TURKEY....) AT: LegendaryGearUSA.com.