Manage episode 284322972 series 2346331
What does Andy Jassy's track record at Amazon Web Services say about how he'll lead Amazon as the company's next CEO? What will be Jeff Bezos' ongoing influence as the company's executive chairman? Who will succeed Jassy as the head of AWS? And what should be the tech giant's 15th leadership principle?
Those are a few of the questions we ask — and in some cases even answer! — on this episode of the GeekWire Podcast with guest commentator Corey Quinn, the chief cloud economist at The Duckbill Group, the host of the AWS Morning Brief and Screaming in the Cloud Podcasts, and the curator of Last Week in AWS, a weekly newsletter.
Continue reading for links to related coverage.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to step down this year, replaced by AWS chief Andy Jassy in stunning turn for tech giant
- Amazon’s next CEO, Andy Jassy, is a music-loving, wing-eating, hard-charging disciple of Jeff Bezos
- Amazon blows past estimates for holiday quarter, sets record with $125.6B in revenue
- Amazon Web Services posts record $13.5B in *profits* for 2020 in Andy Jassy’s AWS swan song
- Here’s the biggest challenge facing Amazon’s Andy Jassy — at least in the words of one partner
- Amazon arrives in rural America: Tech giant delivers hope and concern to California town
Edited by Curt Milton; Theme Music by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.