Manage episode 303871635 series 2163836
It’s a third-time visit for MS-specialist Physical Therapist Dr. Gretchen Hawley. She began treating people with Multiple Sclerosis during her first year of professional practice. The positive results she saw in her patients led her to specialize in the treatment of MS, taking every opportunity to attend workshops and conferences dedicated to improving lives through Physical Therapy.
She has previously appeared to talk about the benefits of PT for People with MS, and the launch of her online MSing Link wellness program - which coincided with the global COVID-19 shutdown.
I’ve been hearing her name mentioned in lots of MS-related areas recently, so she’s back to talk about all the exciting things she’s working on now - including the launch of her own podcast, and a FREE 5 Day MS Strength Challenge!
- How Dr. Gretchen’s online MSing Link Wellness program has helped people all over the world - and the importance of accountability as an aid to achieving health goals
- Why heat intolerance affects so many people with MS - along with tips and tricks to help us to deal with it
- What is Neuroplasticity? And why is it relevant for people with MS?
- The counter-intuitive benefits of light to moderate exercise
- Why Dr. Hawley decided to start a podcast
- Details about how you can sign up for Dr. Hawley’s Free 5 Day MS Strength Challenge
Resources for this episode (clickable links):
- Visit Patients Getting Paid
- Dr. Hawley’s two previous appearance on the FUMS Podcast: FUMS 022 – Benefits of Physical Therapy for MS with Dr. Gretchen Hawley and FUMS 074 – Dr. Gretchen Hawley Providing the MSing Link for MS with PT
- Previous FUMS podcast episode about the ThermApparel Undercool Cooling Vest: FUMS 059 - A Solution for Heat Sensitivity in MS
- Dr. Hawley’s MSinglink website
- Listen to The MSing Link podcast
- Learn about the Free 5 Day MS Strength Challenge
- Visit Gretchen on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
- If you’re getting value from FUMS, please consider leaving a review wherever you’re listening now
- Help keep FUMS alive at the FUMS Podcast Patreon page - or buy FUMS Merch
** Sign up for The FUMS 6-Pack here: The FUMS 6-Pack.
~ Special thanks to my podcast editor Steve Woodward. Do you have a podcast or are you interested in starting a pod? I HIGHLY recommend adding Steve to your team. Find him at PodcastingEditor.com