Manage episode 298459020 series 2163836
Amber Tuma was studying for her music degree in Texas and raising two kids with her husband when MS reared its ugly head. So she says FU to MS by continuing to write and play music with her band The Gallows Crow.
Hear the inspirational story of how Amber refuses to let MS get in the way of how she lives her life. Go, Amber!
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Amber’s life pre- her MS diagnosis
- The story of her initial symptoms, her quick diagnosis, and an unknown link to MS
- How Amber handles the emotional and physical stresses of playing music, including the story of the gig she played shortly after her diagnosis
- How Amber’s friends and family members have responded to her diagnosis
- Amber’s aspirations, and plans to write a song about MS
Resources for this episode (clickable links):
- Visit The Gallows Crow and follow them on Instagram and Facebook
- Listen to Kathy’s song, Wash Your Mouth Out With Hope
- Help keep FUMS alive at the FUMS Podcast Patreon page - or buy FUMS Merch
- Sign up for the Patients Getting Paid course email waiting list
- Get the “Bowel and Bladder Issues in Multiple Sclerosis by Two Pee Brains With Potty Mouths Talking Shit About MS” ebook
** Sign up for The FUMS 6-Pack here: The FUMS 6-Pack.
~ Special thanks to my podcast editor Steve Woodward. Do you have a podcast or are you interested in starting a pod? I HIGHLY recommend adding Steve to your team. Find him at PodcastingEditor.com