Manage episode 297391778 series 2163836
When Cheryl Hile’s neurologist told her to “lower her expectations”, the marathon runner showed that she was an FUMS’er to her core. Adopting the mantra “I do what I can and never give up”, she has now completed 56 (FIFTY-SIX!!!) marathons, 41 following her diagnosis.
After running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 12 months, Cheryl founded the running and walking team Run A Myelin My Shoes to challenge the perception that strenuous exercise is bad for MS.
Listen in as I chat with this amazing MS Warrior and even get strong-armed into taking part in the 2021 event!
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Cheryl’s pre-MS life including running marathons on vacation with her husband
- Her first MS symptoms and THAT neurologist conversation
- How she founded Run A Myelin My Shoes after meeting MSers who ran or wanted to run
- Why you don’t have to run to get involved with Run A Myelin My Shoes!
- Details of how you can get involved with the 2021 event, regardless of where you live
Resources for this episode (clickable links):
- Visit CherylHile.com
- Visit the website for Run A Myelin My Shoes and get details about the 2021 RAMMS event
- Watch the Run A Myelin My Shoes mini-documentary
- Help keep FUMS alive at the FUMS Podcast Patreon page - or buy FUMS Merch
- Sign up for the Patients Getting Paid course email waiting list
** Sign up for The FUMS 6-Pack here: The FUMS 6-Pack.
~ Special thanks to my podcast editor Steve Woodward. Do you have a podcast or are you interested in starting a pod? I HIGHLY recommend adding Steve to your team. Find him at PodcastingEditor.com