Manage episode 230143273 series 10995
Segment 0 (00:46)
- Karen now teaches teaches a course at Columbia University. (03:40)
- In addition to being the producer of Free as in Freedom, Dan Lynch was the host of Rat Hole Radio, the co-host of Linux Outlaws, and currently co-hosts Hollywood Outlaws. (04:30)
Segment 1 (5:19)
- Dan helps co-organize Oggcamp which is having its tenth-anniversary event on Saturday 19 October 2019. (08:00)
- Bradley mentioned the phrase from IT Crowd quote:
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?(11:08)
- Dan talked about The Manchester Ship Canal. (13:16)
- Dan promoted Hollywood Outlaws where he and his co-host Fab talk about Bosch. (23:18)
- Dan promoted his own podcast about comics called Tales of the Unattested. (23:27)
- Dan Lynch has a personal website, which has his blog. (23:55)
- Bradley referenced the phrase
You are no Jack Kennedywhich was stated by Bentsen on Wednesday 5 October 1988 during the VP debate between Quayle and Bentsen for the 1988 USA Presidential campaign. Details and background of this are explained by NBC in this story. (26:30)
Segment 2 (28:23)
Bradley and Karen briefly dissect the interview with Dan.
Segment 3 (32:22)
Karen and Bradley mention that they'll discuss the Linux Foundation initiative, “Community Bridge” in the next episode. If you want a preview Bradley and Karen's thoughts, you can read their blog post about Linux Foundation's “Community Bridge” initiative.
Send feedback and comments on the cast to . You can keep in touch with Free as in Freedom by following Conservancy on on Twitter and and FaiF on Twitter. We are working on setting up a group chat again, too!
The content of this audcast, and the accompanying show notes and music are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 4.0 license (CC BY-SA 4.0).