Manage episode 227659219 series 10995
Bradley and Karen continue the process of preparing their joint keynote at FOSDEM 2019, entitled: Can Anyone Live in Full Software Freedom Today?: Confessions of Activists Who Try But Fail to Avoid Proprietary Software. This episode is the second of three episodes where Bradley and Karen record their preparation conversations for this keynote address. In this particular episode, they discuss the golden age in history when they used very little proprietary software, and then discuss the beginning of their personal Dark Ages of using some proprietary software.
Segment 0 (00:35)
- Bradley mentioned The Who's destruction of their instruments and his discomfort with it in relation to computers. (06:10)
- Bradley and Karen mentioned their long-time use of the HTC Dream (07:30)
- Bradley mentioned that he helped start the Replicant project, but his primary contribution was its name. (08:24)
Segment 1 (12:34)
- Karen mentioned the pinball machine that she owns. (12:50)
- Bradley mentioned the Dead Kennedys album, Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death. (25:10)
- Bradley and Karen recorded this episode while on site at LinuxConf Australia 2019. They had dinner the night this was recorded at a restaurant called, Dux Dine in Christchurch, NZ. There were, in fact, ducks dining at Dux Dine. (35:07)
Send feedback and comments on the cast to . You can keep in touch with Free as in Freedom by following Conservancy on on Twitter and and FaiF on Twitter. We are working on setting up a group chat again, too!
The content of this audcast, and the accompanying show notes and music are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 4.0 license (CC BY-SA 4.0).