Manage episode 162592205 series 1137454
“We fell a lot, we made lots of mistakes, but now we’ve grown up a lot in confidence!”
“Plan less, work more!”
“One should always be ready to adopt and adapt!”
– Pratik Rathod and Ramalingam Subramaniam, founders of BigMyGig.com (Making your gigs memorable!)
This week, we catch up with the founders of BigMyGig.com. They’re Pratik Rathod and Ramalingam Subramaniam. BigMyGig is a platform that helps you make your own gigs memorable. It’s a marketplace connecting artists and people throwing or organizing parties. So, whether you fall on either side of the spectrum, you can make your gigs memorable using this platform!
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Ram and Pratik talk about their own backgrounds in event management and being an artist respectively. And in their own passion projects, they had a tough time getting artists together. This sparked the idea for BigMyGig which started off as a college project for a competition. They also get into detail about the methodology they use, viz., “The Bamboo Strategy” and “Measure twice, cut once”. All in all, a power packed episode that you don’t want to miss!
Following are the resources that the founders mentions on the show:
- BigMyGig.com – a marketplace connecting artists and event organizers. Go on, try them out and make your own gigs memorable! You can also check out their Instagram page here
- Some software resources – “Wave” for accouting, “Digital Ocean” and “Heroku” for hosting.
- Connect with Pratik via Facebook, Linkedin or follow him on twitter @Pratzik
- Connect with Ram via Linkedin or follow him on twitter @vijchik
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help
What do you think of the concept of BigMyGig? Do you think your upcoming gigs will not just a plain gig, but memorable gigs? Pratik, Ramalingam and us would love to know, drop us an email at ram AT foundersgyan.com or use the comments box below!