Manage episode 164653304 series 1137454
“If you value hiring, if you value people, you should engage!”
“Nobody wants to create a resume!”
“Too many startups check for (a candidate’s) weakness!”
– Sneha Jain and Krishnan Nair, founders of GeekTrust (platform that uses coding challenges to do hiring for startups )
This week, we catch up with the founders of GeekTrust. They’re Krishnan Nair and Sneha Jain. And our topic that we discuss in-depth is “Hiring for Startups”. Their platform is one which aims to this process fun from a candidate’s perspective. Hence, they do this through coding challenges which eliminates the need for resumes!
Download and Listen to this episode Offline (Right-Click and Choose “Save As..”)
Both the founders met at a previous company and realized the need for a platform that can be used to explore startup jobs. Hence, the seed for this startup was born. They give great advice both from a candidate’s perspective as well as from a hiring manager (or startup’s) perspective. Hence, If you’re looking for a startup job or looking to hire people for your own startup, this is a must-listen episode!
Following are the resources that Sneha and Krishnan mention on the show:
- GeekTrust – Startup that aims to make hiring for startups fun via coding challenges!
- Book recommendations – “The Hard Thing About Hard Things” by Ben Horowitz, “Marketing: A Love Story” by Bernadette Jiwa, “The Golden Tap…” by Kashyap Deorah, “The Shoe Dog….” the memoir by Nike’s Phil Knight and “Made to Stick…” by Chip and Dan Heath
- They also recommend “HeadFirst Series” to learn the basics of programming
- You can reach out to them as follows:
Please share this episode if you liked what you hear. The ripple effect in passing on this knowledge won’t be possible without your help
Did you like this show? Do you think you can do better hiring for startups based on this podcast? Are you better prepared to be hired at different startups? Sneha, Krishnan and us would love to know, drop us an email at ram AT foundersgyan.com or use the comments box below!
The post Hiring for startups with GeekTrust founders Sneha and Krishnan! appeared first on FoundersGyan.