Manage episode 312909965 series 2917040
In the early stages of your business, you may be hiring “do-ers” to get your business off the ground running, but as you look to scale and expand your business, you will need to shift into having more “thinkers” on your side. That’s why episode 34 of Female Founders Breaking Boundaries is about shifting from a “doing” mindset to a “thinking” mindset!
Have you ever felt like your customers and your team just don't get what it is you're trying to do with your business? Download your free Company Persona Template that we use with clients to get them started with bringing everyone on to the same page. It’s designed to get you and your team thinking about your purpose, your focus and your values; and documenting them so that you can get everybody on the same page.
In this episode of Female Founders Breaking Boundaries, I’m sharing the importance of understanding the roles and value in both do-ers and thinkers in your business environment and actionable steps you can take right now to shift into a thinker mindset to expand your business past the growth phase. Some of the things I cover in this episode are:
- Celebrating Dr. Jessica McCarty who is a teacher, mentor, principal investigator for NASA, the EPA, USDA, and the NSF along with a long list of other accomplishments to standing up for women’s intelligence and calling men out for mansplaining.
- Breaking down my version of the entrepreneurial journey to better understand when it makes sense to shift from the “doing” mindset to the “thinking” mindset.
- Preparing for the investment in your business that is required when you start bringing thinkers into your business.
- Why it might feel easier to hire a “do-er” than it is to hire a “thinker.”
- Looking at the different levels of leadership as it applies in the small business world and knowing which level may be the right fit for your business.
- The types of fractional roles you can find that fit your business and your budget.
- My deep thoughts on fatphobia, the toxic talk around losing weight, and the shame we put on others based on factually inaccurate data by influencers who believe dieting and exercise are the only factors that play a part in weight loss.
I hope this episode has shed some light on the different roles that play a part in your business and has given you the guidance needed to bring thinkers into your business so you can scale and expand further than you ever thought possible.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of tools, advice, resources, support, and encouragement that resonates with the modern business woman and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to share and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Female Founders Breaking Boundaries and Casey at https://she-suiteboutique.com/podcast/
CONNECT WITH CASEY GROMER:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: