Manage episode 292317697 series 2863316
The reason organic food only occupies 5% market share despite being so delicious and sustainable must be because of the preachy and argumentative narrative surrounding it.
Today we speak to Dennis Weaver about the work he has been doing to introduce the mainstream consumer to the fun side of organic. Dennis is the Founder of Change Your Food, Change Your Life, Organic. Eat me., and the Co-Founder of The Organic Marketing Association. He has spent his life as an ambassador to the organic good food movement, but rather than using lectures or science, he simply puts a smile next to the word organic.
Tune in today to hear the various ways he has applied his philosophy to organic activism through performance, music, and his radio show too.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How effective it is to sell the organic good food narrative using entertainment as a device.
- Introducing Dennis and his ideas about ‘selling the sizzle, not the steak.’
- Founding the Organic Marketing Association and changing the narrative around organic good food.
- The work that Organic Marketing Association is doing to help organic brands make a bigger dent in the marketplace.
- Dennis’s thoughts on the future of the organic industry and how it can move forward.
- The story of how Dennis collaborated with different artists to make an album about organic good food.
- How Dennis founded the Change Your Food - Change Your Life!™ radio show and the message it shares.
- How Dennis fell in love with organic good food and the work he does to advocate for it.
- Plans Dennis has to drop two new singles that advocate for organic products.
- The relationship Dennis developed with Pastor Gary L. Wyatt around organic good food and the songs he wrote.
- The organic good food social media marketing Dennis is doing and how successful it has been.
- How to join the Organic Marketing Association and why organic good food farmers get in for free.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: