Manage episode 289960655 series 2863316
Today, you'll hear from Linwood Paul and Matt D'Amour, co-founders of Subtle Distinctions, about why you should place connection before content when starting a conversation, either in a professional setting or in your private life.
Join us to listen more about their insight as to how we have become so attuned to the 'new normal', and gently remind you that people crave connection with others.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The show opens with connection-content role play session.
- Find out what connection-before-content really means.
- How you can go about creating intentional connections.
- How connection is built into your heart and nervous system.
- Matt challenges listeners to see what their natural tendencies are in their professional and personal environments.
- Lessons taken from Oprah Winfrey’s more than 36,000 interviews.
- Linwood explains how the “new normal” is impacting your connections.
- Matt describes what could be going on in many meetings.
- How to approach connection when you’re worried about the receiver.
- Hear why connection before content is a quality tip-off.
- Linwood touches on the word “suffering.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: