Manage episode 289233638 series 2863316
In our first bonus episode, we discussed with Linwood Paul & Matt D'Amour, co-founders of Subtle Distinctions, about the concept of the path to action from the book Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High.
By tuning in, you'll hear about the four components of the path to action, why shaping your own story is important for taking better action, and how breaking down a thought or decision into its parts can help you understand what the trigger for your action was.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Linwood starts with the path to action that leads you to ask, “How did I get here?”
- The four components of the path to action, which are objective experience, perception, feelings, and actions.
- Why shaping your story is important for taking for more successful or productive action.
- Matt explains why he believes that successful people are able to see a different storyline than what circumstance or other people dictate.
- The physiological response you have to your thoughts; if you think, you are!
- How breaking down a thought or decision into its separate parts can be beneficial.
- Your responsibility to better serve the next person you meet (even if it’s unknowingly!)
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: