Manage episode 287617334 series 2863316
Candor isn’t just a word; it’s a practice that can promote a positive company culture and build stronger teams.
Our guests, Linwood and Matt, are the co-founders of Subtle Distinctions where they cultivate thoughtful leaders from the inside out. In this episode, they break down the concept of candor and how to effectively use it in the workplace and our personal lives. You’ll walk away with actionable tips and some new additions to your reading list—like Kim Scott’s Radical Candor.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How leaders should approach candor.
- First, we need to conceptualize candor to be able to use it.
- Using the model of radical candor to decide how candor can be and should be used.
- Matt tells us what is, and what isn’t candor.
- How do you know where the line is of oversharing.
- The nuances that come with sharing the truth.
- How to put your truth across in a way that it will be taken well.
- Different terms and words to use when approaching someone with facts and concerns.
- The danger of sharing compliments when sharing truth.
- Comparing compliments to smoke.
- Matt and Linwood roleplay a conversation where they share their truths with each other.
- Hear more on Marshall Rosenberg and Kim Scott.
- The best way to start practicing candor.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: