Manage episode 285808114 series 2863316
The organic chocolate company Alter Eco knows that there’s no quick solution to climate change reversal. Instead, they’re creating impact through long-term solutions that involve converting monoculture cacao farms to a regenerative agro forest model.
Today we speak with Antoine Ambert about what Alter Eco is doing to transform the chocolate industry. A senior director of sustainability at the company, we open our conversation by exploring Antoine’s education and professional background. We then dive into his start at Alter Eco, why their early marketing focused on the communities that they work with, and how their brand evolved.
Tune in to hear more about how one company is changing the world, one chocolate bar at a time.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Exploring Antoine’s education and professional background.
- Antoine shares his motivation to make an impact when building businesses.
- What Antoine learned about sustainable farming from his time in Peru.
- How Antoine got his start at Alter Eco.
- Insights into Alter Eco and Antoine’s early marketing focus.
- Hear about the evolution of Alter Eco’s brand and its promotion of sustainability principles.
- Alter Eco’s challenge in communicating their value proposition to consumers.
- Why Alter Eco puts their values at the forefront of their products.
- We discuss Antoine’s new role at the Alter Eco Foundation.
- How the Alter Eco Foundation is implementing more regenerative farming practices.
- The dangers of adopting monoculture farming practices.
- How non-organic farming methods can be detrimental to farming communities.
- Antoine talks about the issues around getting your products certified as organic.
- How becoming B Corp certified has affected Alter Eco.
- Antoine reflects on Alter Eco’s next big challenges.
- Ways that regenerative farming helps reverse climate change.
- What Antoine and Alter Eco do to keep pushing forward.
- Why a holistic approach to Alter Eco’s supply chain leads to a bigger environmental impact.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: